- There are a lot of songs which have the same number of votes, meaning that they're tied. So this countdown doesn't have 1 song in position 100, 1 in position 99, etc. Instead, it's more like 10 songs in positions 90-100.
- I am quite a shy person, so there's no way in hell I could bring myself to do podcasts or vodcasts for this countdown. I'm better with the written word. So, I'm publishing the results by blog.
- This was 99.9% a one-woman operation. So, I'm limited with the amount of research I could get done (even with the help of some wonderful people on Twitter and off), and the amount of data validation I could achieve. So, some song names will be incorrect - perhaps it's "Gimme yo' money", and I've written it as "Give Me Your Money". Sorry about that. Same goes for artist/band names. I've written it as "Pink", not "P!nk". You may just have to deal with it!
- I've tried to get the best versions of songs that I could in YouTube. I may not have included your favourite version, or a version from another site. Please feel free to add a comment with the URL of the version you would have included.
- Comments are on. Go crazy, have a blast. Sexist, racist, generally offensive comments will be REMOVED. This is supposed to be a positive, feminist, inclusive, open, honest, joyous celebration of women's music - NOT an opportunity to debate whether this poll should have gone ahead at all.
- I didn't restrict people to only 10 votes because that would have been hard to police. Let's say you write a Facebook post requesting 11 songs. Well, which one should I remove? So I write to you to ask you to nominate one to remove. You never write back. Okay, that's 10 votes I've lost. Meanwhile, that's a hell of a lot more administration for me to do. It just wasn't realistic. If I had written a survey at Surveymonkey, for example, restricting people to just 10 songs, I would have had less people participating - the more you make people click to get to where you want them to go, the less likely they are to arrive there.
I think that's it. Any other questions, please write them in the comments and I will respond.