Sunday, August 23, 2009

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Okay, so, this song is just a little bit strange. Someone wanted to know who sung it (and, I assume, why it had that title!), so I've dug up some information.

It was recorded originally by Klaatu (yes, like Klaatu Baradu Nictu, you crazy sci-fi fans) in 1976 - and I'm not sure if it's tongue-in-cheek, or just faintly wacky. But it's something to do with *ahem* contacting aliens.

Now, the Carpenters covered it in 1977, and again, I have no clue whether irony was a deciding factor in this big career step of theirs. Honestly people, I really have no idea wtf is going on with this song.



Christopher Johnson from Facebook, you voted for this - you owe us all an explanation!

1 comment:

  1. That Klaatu album was great, but I still don't know who the woman was...

    ReplyDelete