Monday, August 10, 2009

The countdown! Positions 46-51

Here are the songs which tied at positions 46 through to 51, in alphabetical order.


Indigo Girls - Closer To Fine (Official Music Video) - More bloopers are a click away





  • "Closer To Fine", by Indigo Girls, from USA, in 1989
  • "Go your own way", by Fleetwood Mac, from England, in 1977
  • "Just A Girl", by No Doubt, from USA, in 1995
  • "Man Overboard", by Do Re Mi, from Australia, in 1985
  • "Rehab", by Amy Winehouse, from England, in 2006
  • "Standing In The Way Of Control", by Gossip, from USA, in 1993


Incidental fact: Robin Z, my roommate in Jerusalem in 1997, introduced me to the Indigo Girls. Robin, I owe you. They are still wonderful. Incidentally, how insanely hot is Beth Ditto? Work that stage!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Nai, have you seen ~this~ version of "Closer to Fine"? http://tinyurl.com/msjull Recent performance by the Indigo Girls with... @adam_busch/Common Rotation.

    Just thought I'd link two of your favourite things... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I voted for three of those! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Go Your Own" is sung by Lindsey Buckingham (a bloke), Stevie and Christine provide backing vocals... so not sure that it should be in the Hottest 100 Women poll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. crystalsinger - LOVE IT!!!!

    anon - yeah, people have pointed that out ... oh well, if that's the worst mistake i made with all my analysis and data cleansing, then, I think I can live with it :)

    ReplyDelete